HAWA MAHAL - built in 1799, by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh, is the most recognizable monument of Jaipur. The 5 storied stunning semi-octagonal monument having 152 windows with over hanging latticed balconies is a fine piece of Rajput architecture. Originally designed for the royal ladies to watch and enjoy the processions and other activities, on the street below. Now it houses a well laid out museum. Timing 10.00 to 16.30 hrs, Entry Fee Rs. 5.00: Phone: 2618862
JANTAR MANTAR (Observatory) - built in 18th century by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II, the huge masonary instruments were used to study the movement of constellations and stars in the sky. Enormous sun-dial still provide accurate time, which are subject to daily corrections. Timing 9.00 to 16.30 hrs, Entry Fee Rs. 10.00, Phone: 2610494
CITY PALACE AND S.M.S. II MUSEUM - situated in the heart of the old City, it occupies about one seventh of the old city area. The palace is a blend of Rajput and Mughal architecture, it houses a Seven storeyed Chandra Mahal in the centre, which affords a fine view of the gardens and the city. Diwan-E-Am (Hall of public audience) has intricate decorations and collection of manuscripts, Diwan-E-Khas (Hall of private audience) has a marble pawed gallery Mubarak Mahal has a rich collection of costumes and textiles. There is a Clock Tower near Mubarak Mahal. Sileh Khana has a collection of armory and weapons. Timing 9.30 to 16.45 hrs. Entry Fee for Indians Rs. 35.00 and for foreigners Rs.150.00 inclusive of entry to Jaigarh fort, Phone: 2608055
CENTRAL MUSEUM - situated in the Ram Niwas Garden. This graceful building was founded in 1876 by Prince Albert (also known as Albert Hall). It has a rare collection of archaeological and handicraft pieces. Timing 10.00 to 16.30 hrs, Entry Fee for Indians Rs. 5.00, for foreigners As. 30.00, Phone: 257009
JALMAHAL - (6 kms) on the way to Amer, this small palace is set in the middle of Man Sagar Lake. Renovation around the lake is in progress.
AMER - The palace complex is lavishly ornamented and displays the riches of Amer. Sheesh Mahal chamber of Mirrors. Diwan-e-Am or the Hall of Public Audience is a beautifully proportioned hall open on three sides and stands on two rows of ornamented pillars. Diwan e-Khas or the Hall of Private Audience has delicate mosaic work in glass. Sukh mandir is guarded by sandalwood doors inlaid with ivory. Throughout the massive fort finely carved lattice windows, exquisitely painted doorways, halls and finely sculptured pillars crave for attention.
JAIGARH FORT - (15 kms.) standing on a hilltop, overlooking the palaces and city of Amer. The worldÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s biggest cannon on wheels- the Jai Ban is positioned here, built during reign of Maharaja Sawai Jaisingh. It has a twenty feet long barrel and pumped in the cannon for a single shot. Timing 10.00 to 16.45 hrs, Entry Fee for Indians Rs. 15.00 & for foreigners Rs. 20.00, Phone: 2630848
NAHARGARH FORT - (15 kms.) cresting a hill about 600 ft. above the city, the fort was built in 1734. The walls of the fort run along the ridge and within are architectural beauties like Hawa Mandir and Madhvendra Bhawan. Timing 10.00 to 16.00 hrs, Entry Fee Rs. 5.00, Phone: 5148044
LAXMI NARAYAN TEMPLE - is situated just below the Moti 000ngri, known for the intricate marble carvings in white marble, popularly known as Birla Temple.
VIDHAN SABHA - The Rajasthan Legislative Assembly is unicameral. The First Rajasthan Legislative Assembly, which came into existence in March 1952, had a strength of 160 members which was raised to 190 after the merger of the former Ajmer State with Rajasthan. The Second and Third Assemblies had a strength of 176 and the Fourth and Fifth had 184 members each. The membership was raised to 200 from the Sixth Assembly onwards. The tenure of the Legislative Assembly is five years unless sooner dissolved. Recently, the elections were held in the State and the Twelfth Legislative Assembly was constituted on 5 December, 2003.GAITOR - (6 kms) At the foot hill of Nahargarh stands the memorials to the former rulers of Jaipur the place has some gracefully carved cenotaphs in white marble.
SISODIA RANI GARDEN - (5 kms.) on the road to Agra, the magnificent palace garden was built by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II in 1710 for his queen. Timings 8.00 to 18.00 hrs. Entry fee Rs. 5.00, Phone: 2680494